Classes at Shantideva Centre
Tuesday & Thursday evenings
Understanding the Mind
14th April – 19th May
This course is a practical guide to developing and maintaining a light, positive mind – showing how to make meditation effective and revealing how to recognize and abandon states of mind that harm us, and to replace them with peaceful and beneficial ones.
This course will be based on the book How to Understand the Mind by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.
Each class is self contained so you can follow a course or just drop in at any time, no need to book.
- 14/04 Happiness vs suffering
- 21/04 Freedom vs attachment
- 28/04 Patience vs anger
- 05/05 Humility vs pride
- 12/05 Clarity vs confusion
- 19/05 Wisdom vs ignorance
‘Discover Meditation’ -
Meditation to make life happy and meaningful
16th April – 21st May
Meditation has the potential to impact our mind and our life in simple yet profound ways. A basic meditation practice reduces personal stress and anxiety; a deeper practice allows us to grow positive and loving states of mind which improve our relationships and our daily experience of life. From this basis, if we wish, we can expand our understanding and discover a spiritual path that fits within modern life. Discover the benefits on this introductory course.
- 16/04 The search for happiness – looking within
- 23/04 Meditation – transform your mind into peace
- 30/04 Inspiration – wake up smiling
- 07/05 Comfortable living – touching base with reality
- 14/05 Problem free zone – creation and maintenance
- 21/05 Karmic conundrums – understanding & control
Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays 7.30 – 9pm
Venue: Shantideva Centre, 9 Bath Rd, Reading, RG1 6HH ( parking available)
Class fee: Evenings – £6 ‘pay-per-class’ or Discount Cards available at the class (5 classes for £25) or free with Centre Card.
Next Course: 2nd June – 16th July